Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2

By | Wednesday, October 08, 2014 Leave a Comment

Secret Brightening Powder applies semi opaque 

It blends in quickly and transparently leaving no white "cast" or residue behind
I've seen this little gem raved about by bloggers, makeup artists and youtubers but I could never find the shade #2 in stores to try it out for myself. The Secret Brightening Powder comes in 2 colors, #1 is a white powder ideal for fair skinned beauties and #2 has a yellow tint ideal for darker skinned beauties.

In any case I happened upon it at my local Laura Mercier counter and finally got to see what all the hype was about.

Secret Brightening Powder lives up to the "secret" part of its name. It brightens the skin in the most natural, undetectable way. Think of it as the anti-Banana Powder (which I also have and love)

SBP is nearly impossible to cake on. I've tried multiple layers and my skin maintained a smooth cake-free appearance.

I was also worried about this looking ashy, but that hasn't been the case at all. I've used it alone and over concealer with great results both ways. Of course on bare skin it won't completely cover dark circles on its own.

Overall this powder is perfect for daytime, work appropriate makeup. It will subtly brighten under eyes and make you look refreshed and more awake without the obvious reverse raccoon eyes heavier highlighting powders tend to create.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: