Red Eyeshadow Fail

By | Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7 comments

I've had this loose eyeshadow from NYX in Penny for years and loved the shimmery, rich color, but never knew how to use it. Well it appears I still don't know how to make it work for me.

Everything with this look turned into one big fail. I was going for a simple but still festive and shimmery look. This red however, was just too overpowering and made me look kinda sickly in person. My eyes were also irritated for some reason and wouldn't stop watering which led to my falsies not staying on because the glue couldn't dry. Ugh, it was such a mess every time I blinked the lashes came off!

The next time I use this color, I think I'll add some dark brown or even black to the outer corners to give it more depth and maybe some gold to the inner corner to make the red less overpowering. What do you guys think? I love the way this color looks in the jar and really want to put it to good use. Should I keep trying with this or is it time to just move on?
Newer Post Older Post Home

7 comments:

  1. I have this same pigment. I think the shadow and overall look is pretty but I know what you mean, I've tried red eyeshadow and used brown as my crease color and it didn't look all that great to me. I think I will add a few more red shadows to the lid, to give it a gradient look, hopefully it'll work for me.

    http://www.touchingfaceswithbeautyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a nice shimmery color wash. I can see how you'd be frustrated though. Ms.Viva Glam is right... layering it for a 'gradient' look with darker colors, might end up better for you. But it's NOT a fail! it still looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm going to try a more layered gradient look with this next time and see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me there is nothn wrong with it,Imlove it very pretty hun anyhoo thanx4passing by my blog appreciate it&Hav a Happy New Year too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whhhaaattt!! This is darling!! I think you did a fabulous job now, the side effects: well, that's a different story. But at first glance, it's gorg!!
    Kay

    www.lovenwright.blogspot.com
    Hair .|. Finance .|. Womanhood

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww thanks so much LoveNWright! And welcome to my blog, glad to have you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what?! are yu kidding me? this looks fabulous to me!

    www.massacredmascarablogspot.com

    ReplyDelete