Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette

By | Tuesday, October 07, 2014 Leave a Comment
I have to be honest, the packaging is what sold me on getting this palette. But sadly it was a disappointment when I received it in the mail. The biggest let down is the plastic case. I was expecting a beautiful real wood case, instead I received a brown plastic case with a "wood" sticker thrown on top, lol
Plastic case aside, the Rainforest After Dark palette contains 6 eyeshadows (3 matters and 3 shimmers), a blush, bronzer and highlighter. All of them contain Tarte's signature Amazonian clay as an ingredient.

Unfortunately none of the eyeshadows in this palette have names.
All of the colors are wearable with varying degrees of pigmentation. I had to swatch all of them multiple times to get a true-to-pan color.

The blush does show up on my nc45 skin, but it's just on the edge of being unflattering. The bronzer I can and do use as an all over face powder since its matte. The highlighter is very shimmery and can easily look like an ashy disco ball, but used sparingly it creates a soft champagne glow.

Overall, this palette is just ok. Nothing special, but useful if you want a full face in a single palette.


Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: